Macomb Habitat is excited to be partnering with Independent Insurance Agents of Macomb County (IIAM) and have reserved the following three Saturday dates for your group: Saturday May 12th, June 2nd and June 9th.
Please sign up ahead of time on our Volunteer HUB, at our website, www.macomb.volunteerhub.com for the days that you wish to volunteer. For those that shared their names and emails with Rick Thompson or signed up on the day of presentation, we have you are already registered on our websire all you have to do is sign up for the day selected. We created your username and password. It will be your firstname last name and the number 1; for example Tom Hicks would have the username and password as tomhick1.
For those team members in your business that did not get this email, they would need to register directly.
Please have your members register and sign up ahead of time on our Volunteer HUB, at our website, www.macomb.volunteerhub.com. When registering:
· The process will ask first time volunteers to create a user name and password. (great idea to write this down for future reference next time you wish to volunteer)
· Then it will ask if you have a join code, bypass this by just clicking on next,
· Then it asks for you to select a group, scroll down the list and select Insurance Agents of Macomb County (IIAM)t group then click on next.
· Then it will ask for your email, name, address and phone numbers, emergency contact and number. Please complete fully and click on next.
· It will now state that you are confirmed as a user and that you are registered.
· Now scroll down to “Sign Up” for Saturday, May 12th, June 2nd or June 9th Event.
Here is a general idea of what to expect on the worksite. A house leader will be there to help guide the volunteers on the projected work to be done at the worksite. We will provide all the necessary tools but your team could bring their own gloves and safety goggles. They should wear work clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe sturdy work shoes or thick-soled shoes like sneakers. We will be providing lunch and cold-bottled water for your group on those volunteer days.
Our site host will welcome you there at 8:45am and the start of the day can go faster if your volunteers have their completed waivers with them at the worksite. From a policy and safety standpoint, volunteers need to be 16 years of age to be on the worksite. And for those 16 and 17 years of age, the waiver form requires their parent’s signature in the area marked parent or guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult on the worksites and are limited in the scope of work that they can perform. Please refer to the Release and Waiver of Liability Form for specifics.
Thank you for making a difference in the life of a Macomb County family as they transition from substandard overcrowded and often times unsafe dwellings into decent, affordable and safe homes. Please call me with any questions or assistance with online registration. I can be reached at 586-477-5902 (my work cell).